Film industry incentive program offering a 20% cash rebate on qualified expenses incurred in Georgia.
- International and local productions must be registered as legal entities in Georgia.
- Projects must lead to the production of a feature film, TV film, TV series or mini-series (pilot episodes are eligible), animation, documentary film, commercial, reality show, or music video.
- At least 50% of the total production budget should be in place at the time of application.
- Expenses must be directly related to the filmmaking process to qualify.
- If production qualifies for the rebate, a refund up to 1,000,000 GEL will be approved automatically. Projects requesting a higher rebate require special approval of the Government of Georgia
- Production in Georgia must be completed within 24 months after acceptance to the rebate program.
A “One Stop Shop” for Film Production:
To streamline the production process, the Georgian government will help productions directly with the following services:
- Location scouting
- Assistance in acquiring permits issued by government institutions
- Coordination and communication with various stakeholders